Why Choose Yankee Barn Homes
Choose Yankee Barn Homes because for over 50 years, we have been designing and building custom post and beam homes built with the finest materials for durability, weather protection, and energy efficiency. Our True Wall and True Roof™ Panels are built in our Yankee Barn Homes factory located in New Hampshire and offer total design and integration of your home shell package with your floor plan and post & beam frame. We have built homes from coast to coast and overseas. Due to our panelized construction, we can access remote areas and ship just about anywhere.
Building a home can be an investment, a labor of love, and a vision manifested. Finding the right team can make all the difference. We work closely with our clients and utilize software for virtual meetings, 3D walk-throughs and renderings of your home design. We provide a project management portal to facilitate progress during the entire design and build process. Our team of dedicated professionals will assist you through pre-design, design, and construction while working with your local general contractor to ensure a smooth delivery and assembly of your home.
1. Superior Quality
All build materials are premium.
- True Wall & Roof™ Panels with Zip System®
- Polyisocyanurate insulation with spray foam around framing perimeter
- 2x Premium lumber for straightness and less waste
- Pre-installed Windows – your choice of Andersen® or Marvin®
- Engineered Advantech® decking floor system
- Kiln dried Douglas fir #1 or better
2. A Better Structural Shell
Protected from the elements.
- Zip Sheathing sealed with Zip tape
- Windows pre-installed using 3M Flashing Tape and Zip Stretch Wrap
- True Lock connection between wall and roof panels
3. Energy Efficiency
Less waste and more savings.
- True Wall Panels: R Values 26.2 and up
- True Roof™ Panels: R Values 55.3 – 66.5
- Polyisocyanurate and LVL insulated headers
- PFS-TECO certified vented True Roof™ Panels
- Energy Efficient window options
4. Complete Design Flexibility
Post & Beam where you want it.
- Kiln dried, pre-stained, pre-cut post and beam construction
- Hybrid option – as much or as little post and beam as you like
- Full custom home design using 3D design software
5. Quality Control
A structured process from beginning to end.
- Online & in-person virtual 3D walk though, providing 3D views of your home
- Engineered and stamped structural drawings (per local code)
- Project timeline to keep you on track and in coordination with builders
- Comprehensive in-house fabrication in a climate controlled environment
- Production framing crew with over 50 years of combined experience
6. On Site Support
Your choice of a supervisor or a full crew.
- On-site YBH Supervisor to work with your crew from delivery/offload to full assembly
- Optional full YBH Crew to assemble the shell package
- Complete coordination with you, your builder, and on-site crew
- Average structural shell up in 1-3 weeks, depending on size and complexity
Over 50 years of customer service excellence.
- Founded in 1969 with over 150 years combined building experience
- Support staff to walk you through every step of the building process
- Five decades of homes built nationwide