Farmhouse Modern Kitchen
The Springfield Barn Home kitchen is layered with just the right mix of clean details and contemporary textures. Here are six smart ideas worth stealing from this modern-meets-farmhouse style kitchen:
1. Douglas fir timber posts and beams frame the border between the kitchen and dining area.
2. Modern blue-gray cabinets in Sherwin Williams Peppercorn and classic subway tiles play off the home’s natural wood tones for a sophisticated farmhouse feel.
3. Light may illuminate a space, but the fixtures set the tone. A modern rectangular pendant hovers above the island, while barn style lights illuminate the sink area. Recessed lights bring soft light throughout the kitchen.
4. Pure white window and door trim provides a tone-on-tone layering to bring a soothing effect to counterbalance the rich tones of the cabinets and soapstone countertop.
5. Sleek stainless steel adds sparkle to the space, while the open wooden shelves and industrial style counter stools provide a touch of texture.
6. Hardwood White Oak flooring adds warmth to the to the otherwise gray and white space.
Read more: Springfield Barn Home