Interviewing a Custom Home Builder
The home building industry is booming. However, the fact that builders are booked months, if not years, out shouldn’t be a deterrent to finding the right one for you. Building a new home is likely one of the biggest undertakings you’ll experience, so ask questions before you hire a custom home builder.
Yankee Barn Homes suggests these questions to get you started. Pick and choose the questions that pertain to what you’d like to know about the builder’s process.
Most Often Asked Questions For General Contractors
- What is your experience being a custom home builder?
- Can you provide references from past clients or projects?
- How do you ensure quality control during the construction process?
- What is your timeline for completing the project?
- How do you handle changes to the design or construction plans during the build?
- Can you provide a detailed estimate of the cost and budget for the project?
More Questions for a Potential Builder
- What is your process for managing subcontractors and suppliers?
- How do you handle scheduling and coordinating the various stages of construction?
- Do you have experience working with architects and designers to bring a vision to life?
- What is your warranty policy and how do you handle post-construction issues?
- How do you ensure that the final product meets local building codes and regulations?
- What kind of communication and updates can I expect throughout the construction process?