Building With Yankee Barn Homes
- We DO NOT use SIP panels – we build our 2×6, 2×8, 2×10 and 2×12 panels here in our factory.
- Our standard walls are 2×6 construction, insulated w/ 4” of polyisocyanurate with the windows preinstalled.
- The roof panels are vented and pre-insulated with drywall on the interior.
- Both the wall and roof panels have ZIP sheathing on the exterior.
- Our post and beam frame is Douglas Fir, pre-sanded and pre-stained so you don’t have to do that in the field
- We send a Supervisor with the package to help you and your team raise the shell.
The links below offer some information about special equipment and tools required regardless if we supply a full labor crew, or just our one YBH Supervisor/Laborer.
For a more detailed list on what we include, and what will be provided by the builder and owner, click here.
Click here for a convenient pdf outlining the Distribution of Work for Yankee Barn Homes/General Contractor/Home Owner.
- If you would like to go over this information, a call can be set up between you and our Head of On-Site Construction, Chris Sevigny.
- Our goal is to be as helpful as we possibly can in order to achieve a successful build together. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!